Well, I learned to be extra cautious of prices at stores that are being remodeled. Target, of all places, tried to rip me off this month and it was like pulling teeth to get them to go see the shelf and refund me. Most importantly, I made an online complaint.
Then my son and his girlfriend were treated rudely at Ralphs so I encouraged them to make a complaint, and they did it online. The key is to do it right away, otherwise you forget and never do it.
On the homefront, St Patricks Day was great but the normal recipes prevailed. I ran home from jury duty at lunchtime and started 2 crockpots of corned beef, carrots, red potatoes, onion etc. Got home just after 4 which is lucky because if I had been at work it would have been an hour later. I then threw together a loaf of Irish Soda Bread and put it in the oven. Also can’t forget the cut cabbage in the crockpots for the last 30 minutes of cooking.
We had 12 people for dinner! It was chaotic but we had just barely enough food. Success!
Last night I decided to attempt sweet potato fries. Success, as well. I cut the potatoes as fries and fried them very crispy and brown in peanut oil. I tossed the fries with minced garlic (lots) and onion I shredded on the cheese grater, and some sea salt. It was a huge hit with the turkey meatloaf and gravy made from the leftover St Patricks Day dinner broth. The turkey meatloaf was one of the healthiest I have made, 3 lbs of ground turkey, finely shredded carrots, pureed cauliflower, crumbs of homemade bread, ketchup, and 2 eggs. I dont like to clog up my recipes with too many ingredients.
Off to Trader Joes now for ingredients for next weeks adventures!
- I have changed Twitter accounts. I am moving from @sensiblemama to @nwesthomemaker Thanks for following! :) 5 years ago
- @EverettHerald Enough for a small snowman in Lake Stevens. #wasnow http://t.co/cNWowV65 5 years ago
- RT @MosheTheGreat: THAT'S AMAZING . . . http://t.co/2iOcvHb1 5 years ago
- RT @brianhund: There's a little less shine on the Golden State. RIP Huell Howser @ConwayShow @AronBender twitter.com/brianhund/stat… @Mystie ... 5 years ago
- RT @ConwayShow: The Huell Dog at Pink's? 2 hot dogs in one bun. pinkshollywood.com/pgz/menu.html 5 years ago