So, you made way too much tri tip for the crowd that didn’t make it over for the BBQ? No problem. You can make the yummiest chicken fried steak. This can be a dinner or a breakfast. Not the healthiest in the world but occasionally is the key. I had never made it before and was looking in the fridge early one Sunday morning for something to make for breakfast and grumbling about how much leftover tri tip we had that might end up going to waste. Then this idea just popped in my head.
Take sliced cooked tri tip and place them in a bowl of egg whisked with milk. Dredge in flour mixture of flour, paprika, salt and pepper and a small amount of baking powder. Then dip back into the egg mixture, then back in the flour mixture. Fry in a healthier oil such as sunflower, peanut, or grapeseed until golden brown (meat is already cooked so don’t mind the time) and drain on paper towels. Serve with a gravy made from a roux of 4 T butter and 4T flour then add a cup or two of organic chicken or vegetable broth and milk mixture and cook to proper consistency ( usually a minute or two). I have never found a restaurant that makes it that good!
- I have changed Twitter accounts. I am moving from @sensiblemama to @nwesthomemaker Thanks for following! :) 5 years ago
- @EverettHerald Enough for a small snowman in Lake Stevens. #wasnow http://t.co/cNWowV65 5 years ago
- RT @MosheTheGreat: THAT'S AMAZING . . . http://t.co/2iOcvHb1 5 years ago
- RT @brianhund: There's a little less shine on the Golden State. RIP Huell Howser @ConwayShow @AronBender twitter.com/brianhund/stat… @Mystie ... 5 years ago
- RT @ConwayShow: The Huell Dog at Pink's? 2 hot dogs in one bun. pinkshollywood.com/pgz/menu.html 5 years ago