So I have had no time lately to blog as I would like to but will keep trying my best!
Today at work, a coworker emailed me at about 1 and asked if I could make a cake for another coworker’s birthday tomorrow! Of course! I love baking cakes. So I got a couple of pictures of my evening’s creations. In addition to the nightly requirement of making husband and toddler lunches, I made a cake and a neat dinner. For the cake I picked out an old Ohio State Fair Blue Ribbon Yellow Cake recipe that was rather simple. I will post it tomorrow, blogging in the dark right now. I decided to create a frozen raspberry and white chocolate chip frosting with powdered sugar, milk and butter. Turned out a little thin but delectable. Have to keep it in the fridge until eating or it might melt!
Dinner was something to be sort of proud of. I had bought Hebrew National hot dogs which I now buy about 2 times a year because of the nitrites in them. I made homemade hot dog buns, sliced whole pickles and onion, mustard, ketchup and shredded cheddar and – Chicago Dogs! They tasted great! Also made a small iceberg salad with a bunch of sliced cucumbers, shredded carrots and chopped Italian parsley! Yum! Had some Marie’s Bleu Cheese for some and sort of homemade Ranch (using the packet, milk and mayo) for those who don’t like Bleu cheese. I also had some cans of Trader Joes Organic Baked Beans. Heated them up and a yummy dinner!
- I have changed Twitter accounts. I am moving from @sensiblemama to @nwesthomemaker Thanks for following! :) 4 years ago
- @EverettHerald Enough for a small snowman in Lake Stevens. #wasnow http://t.co/cNWowV65 4 years ago
- RT @MosheTheGreat: THAT'S AMAZING . . . http://t.co/2iOcvHb1 4 years ago
- RT @brianhund: There's a little less shine on the Golden State. RIP Huell Howser @ConwayShow @AronBender twitter.com/brianhund/stat… @Mystie ... 4 years ago
- RT @ConwayShow: The Huell Dog at Pink's? 2 hot dogs in one bun. pinkshollywood.com/pgz/menu.html 4 years ago